A national intellectual property law firm committed to maximizing client satisfaction by understanding client business objectives to deliver long term returns on investments.
- Bejin Bieneman Presents an Introduction to Careers in IP Law to Engineering Universities in Southeast MichiganBejin Bieneman PLC will present IP law informational events at local engineering schools including Wayne State, in front of the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) at Lawrence Tech,… Read More »Bejin Bieneman Presents an Introduction to Careers in IP Law to Engineering Universities in Southeast Michigan
- Charles Bieneman Presents on 35 U.S.C. § 101 at AIPLACharlie Bieneman will present on 35 U.S.C. § 101 at the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) Virtual Annual Meeting Pre-Meeting, Partnering in Patents, on October 20, 2020. … Read More »Charles Bieneman Presents on 35 U.S.C. § 101 at AIPLA
- Bejin Bieneman presents an introduction to IP law at Oakland University Society of Women Engineers and The National Society of Black EngineersBejin Bieneman PLC will present an IP law informational event with Oakland University Society of Women Engineers and The National Society of Black Engineers. The event will provide… Read More »Bejin Bieneman presents an introduction to IP law at Oakland University Society of Women Engineers and The National Society of Black Engineers
Restrictions, Double Patenting, and Lack of Unity
Thursday, May 18, 2023, 12:00-12:45PM EDT
Christopher Kilner will discuss U.S. Patent Office practice relating to restrictions, double patenting rejections, and lack of unity in PCT and National Phase applications. Christopher will also discuss best practices for responding to these issues before the Patent Office, including various options for traversing restrictions.
- Federal Circuit Affirms Eligibility of RFID Transponder Claims But Reverses Summary Judgment on Validity Based on RFID FOR DUMMIESIn its December 16, 2022, precedential decision in ADASA, Inc. v. Avery Dennison Corp., the Federal Circuit addressed a range of issues, remanding the matter for resolution of facts relating to validity and for redetermination of the amount of […]
- Google recently convinced a Federal Circuit panel to vacate a decision by the Patent Trial and Appeal Board that had found Google’s application obvious. The court decided that the Boardfailed to support the decision with sufficient reasoning. The […]
- The Patent Office recently introduced a new pilot program called the Deferred Subject Matter Eligibility Response pilot program going into effect on February 1. As detailed in a Federal Register notice, the program permits applicants to delay responding […]